8th Grade Band
Band is offered as an elective course in the 8th Grade. It is a continuation of 7th Grade Band.
Students in 8th Grade Band have full band rehearsals every day for 43 minutes. We also have weekly sectionals for 20-25 minutes. Our curriculum includes concert performances, solo & ensembles, and some marching in the spring. Our students will work with a wide array of technology to develop their playing skills and understanding of music theory, and to begin to compose & arrange their own music.
LIVE Links to Warm-up videos to play EVERY DAY (from Mrs. Harwood and Mrs. Vinzant)
- F Horn
- Snare drumming
LIVE links to Instructional videos
- How to count dotted rhythms
- How to count 8th and 16th note combinations
- Concert Ab Major (common pitfalls)
- Warm-up Fundamentals 3A - Intervals and tuning
- Compose 4 measures of rhythm including 8th and 16th note combinations
Instrument and music stands